Counsel to Secure Justice (“CSJ”) is a non-profit organization based in Delhi, India that pursues justice and healing for survivors of sexual harm in India.
CSJ is forming a panel of volunteer lawyers who will provide pro bono legal representation to children who have experienced sexual harm. CSJ seeks applications from qualified Indian advocates who are committed and motivated to deliver pro bono legal representation to those who cannot afford a lawyer.
CSJ works only in Delhi. Cases mostly take place in Saket court, though a few cases are in Patiala House court.
- Manage cases of sexual harm from when victim files FIR to judgement.
- Advocate for truthful and accurate police statements, medical examinations and other evidence.
- Advocate for timely investigation and speedy justice.
- Build case for victim compensation for the client.
- Assist in preparing client to give statements and testify in the court.
- Attend bail hearings and oppose bail against the perpetrator.
- Assist public prosecutor at all hearings during trial.
- Draft applications and petitions that advocate for the client’s best interest and draft closing arguments.
- Strictly adhere to CSJ’s ethical guidelines when representing clients and collaborating with government authorities and stakeholder partners.
- Methodically document and recording information about client cases in a consistent, accurate, comprehensive and timely manner.
- Must possess bachelor’s degree in law and registered with Bar council of India.
- Must have practiced at least for 3 years in district courts, especially in criminal courts.
- Demonstrated commitment to the poor and vulnerable sections of society.
- Excellent comprehension of written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and professional accountability