In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
What is Restorative Justice?
Restorative justice is a different way to look at justice. It aims to:
- Put key decisions in the hands of those most affected by crime
- Make justice more healing and transformative
- Reduce likelihood of future crime
Restorative justice is based on three underlying premises:
- Crime is a violation of people and relationships
- Violation creates obligations on those who committed the harm
- The central obligation is as much as possible to make things right